• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

A good weekend.

Manthing

Administrator
Staff member
Had house guests all weekend but managed to slip away for a few hours Sunday morning to nip over to the Boinger Bash near Melton Mowbray and pick up my new full length 97.
This ones in .177 for a change and I've put a 3-9x40 Hawke scope on it.
97kl.jpg
Picked it up from Nick Stanning ,whos already fitted his internals and the short stroke extension.
Just need to run it in and start the pellet testing now, oh the joy.
littlenlarge.jpg
3up.jpg

Nice rifle Manny.....looks to be in good condition to.

Have fun with the setting up and shooting. :thumbsup: .....look forward to some grouping pictures and target work :thumbsup:

Cheers matey.
The new 97kl is new, only been handled by tinbum to fit the bits.
The green 77k is in stunning condition and as new.
My 97k is great used condition.
Now the hearts stopped playing up and the weather is improving I can do some testing.

Very nice I'm seriously considering going back to springer with the pcp playing up again don't do a lot of shooting now but the odd time l still go a springer would do me Just fine dose the short stroke internal make much difference never seen one in action

Happy to hear your health issues are settling down....👍
Not at all familiar with springer tuning.....had a 95 that I had tunded by Sandwell field sports.....very smooth to shoot and worth the money.....gifted to my Son now.
What Pellets are you thinking of starting with?

Very nice I'm seriously considering going back to springer with the pcp playing up again don't do a lot of shooting now but the odd time l still go a springer would do me Just fine dose the short stroke internal make much difference never seen one in action
I much prefer shooting a springer
For the occasional shooter they fit the bill nicely.
Even a basic home tune will benefit any springer but adding the sse shortens the lock time which is basically the time from trigger release to the pellet leaving the muzzle iirc.
You could also work on the trigger, lightly smoothing the baring faces without taking any "meat" off of them.
The green 77k is going to get the full home tume experience with everything polished and lubed at some point.

Happy to hear your health issues are settling down....👍
Not at all familiar with springer tuning.....had a 95 that I had tunded by Sandwell field sports.....very smooth to shoot and worth the money.....gifted to my Son now.
What Pellets are you thinking of starting with?
Sandwell are good, the only trouble is they take forever.
I have AADF and some others. Not used a hw yet that doesn't shoot well with AADF, they must be out there, but not near me.

Dagnabit 😯
Another 97k long fell into the boot of the car as i was passing the gun shop this morning. A mk1 in .22.
I'm as confused as I can be. No idea how that happened...
Needs some tlc but nothing hard work can't pay for. 😉🤣
A pair now.

Attachments

• 20240518_112718.jpg
    20240518_112718.jpg
    378.8 KB · Views: 10
Well I'll be darned....how awful for you....I see earplugs are in the picture.....they will come in handy when Mrs Thing pings you 🤫

Are you going to take the stock right back..... and oil it........nice project for those wet days :thumbsup:

Back